7 bed Detached House
Preston Lane, Faversham, Kent, ME13
A lovely and substantial Grade II Listed Vicarage, now in need of refurbishment, set in grounds of about an acre, in the sought after location of Faversham
The property is located in Preston Lane a residential location near the Medieval Market Town of Faversham which offers a good choice of shops and amenities together with a regular bustling market. There is a mainline railway station with services to London Victoria as well as the high speed train to London St. Pancras which also operates from Ashford Int'l & Canterbury West. Road links are good with the A2/M2 linking into other motorway networks. Faversham also has its own mixed grammar schools and well regarded Michelin Star Restaurant, "Read's".
The Cathedral City of Canterbury lies about 8.5 miles away which offers an excellent shopping centre, good choice of schools, colleges and universities and Simon Langton Boys & Girls grammar schools. Recreational facilities in and around the area are good with sports centres, selection of golf courses and fishing and water sports along the coast.
St. Catherine's Vicarage is a substantial property with the front facade having a listing of circa 18th Century but with evidence of earlier origins. Attractive red brick, panelled windows, central door case in moulded architraves all under a tile roof.
The property is now in need of modernisation and updating, has ample reception rooms, 6 bedrooms, two bathrooms and set in approximately an acre.
- Entrance Hall with balustrade staircase leading to the first floor, stripped floorboards, shutters to front windows and archway leading to the Sitting Room with central feature fireplace and tiled insert, sash windows with shutters, stripped board flooring and wood panelling to part of the walls.
- The Drawing Room has lovely full height glazed windows and marble feature fireplace, Dining Room with bay window to the front with wooden shutters, stripped flooring, feature fireplace with tile insert.
- Kitchen with base and wall mounted cabinets, stainless steel sink and panel glazed door leading onto the Rear Garden. In addition, there is a separate Study, Utility Room, Pantry and WC.
On the first floor are 6 Double Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms and stairs giving access to the second floor which provides 2 Further Attic Rooms. The property also benefits from a Cellar, further WC and Garage.
The front of the property is approached off Preston Lane onto a large circular driveway with central lawn and mature tree, sweeping lawns, variety of shrubs and a mixed hedge boundary.
The rear gardens are in need of landscaping and currently have a patio and outbuilding with partial dividing brick wall, all of which equate to about an acre.
Services: Mains water, electricity and gas. Mains and private drainage (cesspit).
- Local Authority: Swale Borough Council
- Council Tax band: "H"
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
- There will be a Covenant over the house and garden to only be used as one residence.
Head out of Canterbury towards London and merge onto the A2. Continue to the Brenley roundabout taking the third exit onto London Road. Continue for about a mile turning right onto The Mall, on approaching the bend head straight on and then take the first right into Preston Lane and the property will be found next door to the Church, on the left hand side.
Jackson-Stops & Staff Private Finance specialises in advising on and arranging competitive mortgages quickly, efficiently and in a stress-free manner. Please contact the office for further information.