4 bed Detached House
Hoath Farm, Bekesbourne Lane, Canterbury, Kent, CT3
A fabulous and beautifully presented detached contemporary barn on a small development just outside Canterbury
Mulberry Barn is situated a little over two miles south east of Canterbury in a semi rural location, with neighbouring villages of Littlebourne and Bridge offering local facilities and primary schools.
The historic City of Canterbury has a range of facilities and many cultural interests to include excellent shopping centre, good choice of schools in both the private and state sectors, colleges and universities. Recreational facilities in and around the area include sports centres, swimming pool, polo ground, good range of golf courses and Championship cricket.
Connections are also good with services from Bekesbourne Station into Canterbury and Dover Priory. Canterbury has two mainline railway stations with Canterbury West operating the high speed Javelin service to London St. Pancras in just under an hour. The A2 is easily accessible and provides links to motorway networks, the Port of Dover, Channel Tunnel Terminal at Cheriton offering services to the Continent.
Mulberry Barn is an exceptional barn built in 2016 to an extremely high standard and quality, designed by a well known reputable local builder and covered by the NHBC.
The property offers excellent family accommodation with under floor heating throughout and is located a few minutes drive South East of Canterbury City centre. The Canterbury Golf Club and Polo Farm, which has indoor/outdoor tennis courts plus three hockey and two cricket pitches, are all within easy walking distance of the property.
- Impressive open plan Entrance Hall, Dining Area, Kitchen, Family Room comprising of oak staircase with glass panelling rising to the first floor.
- Attractive exposed brick plinth, engineered oak flooring which sweeps through to the Dining Area. Beautiful designed bespoke painted Kitchen incorporating a full bank of Neff appliances including two warming drawers, microwave combi oven, main oven and steam oven, plus full height fridge and freezer. Sink with disposal unit and Quooker tap, central island with preparation sink, induction hob, cupboards and wine cooler, all complemented by Corian work surfaces and ceramic tile flooring which sweeps through to the family area. Off the kitchen is an impressive Walk-in Larder, with shelving, wooden work surfaces and storage below
- Elegant Sitting Room with exposed beam, Bio-ethanol, contemporary fire and French doors opening onto the sun terraces.
- Off the Hall is a useful Study with fitted desk station. The Rear Hall has a glass pitched roof and staircase leading to Guest Bedroom 4 with luxury en suite Shower Room.
- The property has 4 good size Bedrooms,
4 Bathrooms/Shower Rooms, three of which are en suite, with the Master Bedroom having purpose built fitted wardrobes, luxury en suite with bath, shower and built-in TV.
- The Double Garage has automatic doors, power and light and personal door to an enclosed rear garden.
To the front of the property is a gravel driveway providing extra parking and access to the double garage.
The enclosed rear South West facing gardens have a large sandstone patio, perfect for alfresco dining, mainly laid to lawn with box hedging, flower borders, trees, garden shed and attractive walled, fence and tree hedge boundary.
Services: Mains electricity supplying under floor heating and mains water. Private drainage.
Local Authority: Canterbury City Council, Canterbury
Council Tax band: G
Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
From Canterbury head out towards Littlebourne and Sandwich on the A257. Continue straight for approximately one mile. Opposite Canterbury Golf Club take a right onto Bekesbourne Lane for approximately 0.5 of a mile until you see Hoath Farm. Turn left into Hoath Farm and Mulberry Barn is the second property on the right hand side.
Jackson-Stops & Staff Private Finance specialises in advising on and arranging competitive mortgages quickly, efficiently and in a stress-free manner. Please contact the office for further information.